This cake is really special. This recipe is my own developed and this cake is as yummy as it is healthy – basically you could eat it every day and not get fat.
Design Your own recipe…
Normally for such cake a recipe would start with eggs – we use water from chickpeas – called aquafaba. Aquafaba is really astonishing – it even looks and tastes like egg white.
Basically you can substitute one egg with 3 tbsp of aquafaba and egg white from one egg with 2 tbsp of aquafaba.
This is my way with recipes. If I want to test a recipe and I see ingredients that I don’t like or have right now, I substitute them. In this recipe, I substituted:
- sugar with coconut sugar
- flour with oat flour
- eggs with aquafaba
And the topping is my own creation, which I designed with the ingredients I had in home. It came out very tasty. Usually, You see chickpeas in some salty dish like salad, hummus and so forth. However, in this recipe, we are using it to make chocolate mousse for the topping.
This recipe is really simple and it has only 9 ingredients. I want to add that, this is much easier to make than it looks right now.
You will need:
- 9 tbsp – a bit over 1/2 cup of aquafaba (aquafaba is chickpea water, right now you need amount you’ll get from one can)
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup very fine coconut sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
For the topping:
- 1 ripe banana
- 6 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup (raw if possible) cacao powder
- 1/4 cup almond (or any plant) milk
- chickpeas of one can or less
To make the base:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees of Celsius
- Grease 6- or 8-inch baking pan
- Drain water from one can of chickpeas
- Whip aquafaba up with a mixer until you have thick foam.
- Then add flour gently to the foam until mixture is smooth (you might use a fork for this) .
- Pour it into a greased baking tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool for a while
For the topping:
- Add all the ingredients: chickpeas, cacao powder, banana, dates, almond milk into a blender.
- Blend until mixture is smooth.
- If you are having trouble with blending add a bit almond milk, but don’t let it get too wet, otherwise it will fall of from the cake.
- Add the topping to base and decorate any way you like 🙂
And ready it is! Very easy, cheap and extremely healthy chocolate cake.
Mmm… This cake is so yummy! 😀
Leave a comment, if you like this recipe!
Have a sunny day!