Most of the time I eat plant-based wholefood diet, but since it’s so long and uncomfortable to say I use the word Vegan.
I have been vegan for 37 days now. In this period I have eaten normally – I have not felt hunger most of the days and I have lost 2 kilograms. I like that I can eat normally and abundantly without having to worry about gaining weight.
Overall feeling I have about veganism is very positive.
Why did I change my diet?
My top list of the benefits I see in veganism is probably quite different from others, but I don’t mind at all.
In my opinion, I can’t just say that meat-eating is somehow bad or evil, because I don’t eat meat. Neither do I feel any hate against people who eat meat – I think it’s their human-right to make choices they want to make. My reasons for being vegan is something very different from “Save the environment” or “Don’t kill animals”.
My diet change reasons are very selfish:
- I want to be healthier – feel healthier
- I want to live stronger for longer
- I want to be slim and feel energized
- I want to eat abundantly and still feel light and
Difference for me in plant-based diet and regular healthy diet
I have lost quite amount of weight with eating regular healthy diet (that includes meat, eggs, dairy, and other animal products). However, I must point out that so easy, effortless and comfortable weight loss I have not yet experienced, like this past month of veganism has been for me.
Interestingly, I feel that veganism is just so right for me. Since the plants are so low in calorie I can eat normal amount of food, feel full and still lose weight, feel very energized and light. Vegan diet is not restrictive for me at all! I just had to learn to cook a bit different foods.
Plus, I have already made full-vegan cake that tasted even better than normal cakes, that I have cooked in the past. One of the benefits of this amazing vegan cake is that I didn’t feel discomfort, instead I still felt light and slim after eating 2 big pieces of that cake 🙂
For me, the benefits in being vegan are:
- Very stable and easy weight loss
- I feel healthy and strong
- I eat real food but I can also reward myself with a nice cake 🙂
- If I look the world through vegan viewpoint, I see very little junk food around me – I am very happy that most of the vegan junk food is not that easily available around me. Yet.
- Veganism dries out unhealthy options 🙂
- I don’t even miss or crave cheese, and I can make my own vegan cheese or chocolate if I want 🙂
In my life I feel that I eat so much healthier and crave very little that junk I used to crave, which make my life easier. Therefore, I am happy and I will continue to eat plant-based wholefoods, because it helps me to achieve my goals.
You can try it for a few weeks and if you don’t like the way you feel or you it doesn’t help to fulfill goals, I get it. but at least you have a wonderful experience.
Let me know what are Your thoughts about veganism in the comments below.
Have a sunny day!