Why are You looking for HEALTHY foods to lose weight? Think about it for a second. The Healthy Foods to Lose Weight are really ALL the healthy foods 🙂
Isn’t it logical that what is GOOD for your body will also help you lose weight – help you to optimize for greatness in any way (lose belly fat, lose weight, have more energy and feel better in any way). Do you agree with me? Let me know in the comments below!
Great thing is, all the healthy foods to lose weight have one thing in common – YOU FEEL AMAZING after a proper meal. And by a proper meal I mean a dish, that mostly contains vegetables and a portion of healthy fat and protein (e.g. ingredients from this article).
Here’s my example of proper meal 🙂
And just to remind, fat does not make you fat, sugar makes you fat, because it is quickly converted into fat cells.
I have carefully put together this list for you. It has been tested by me and many others. Therefore, please take it seriously and keep in mind if you overeat healthy foods you will still gain weight.
1. Most important – Greens, Vegetables
This group of foods is best for you.
Vegetables may seem pointless but they give the highest amount of nutrients and variety in diet. They are also high in fiber so when eating proper amount of vegetables with every meal you feel satisfied. And you being satisfied means: you don’t need to snack in-between meals, which will result in you eating fewer calories overall. Additionally, it is harder to overeat because you feel fuller sooner.
I am a big believer in vegetables, especially when it comes to weight loss!
You are interested in losing weight with eating healthy and that means you MUST eat lots of vegetables with EVERY MEAL. Here are just some healthiest examples, what to use. However, keep in mind there are lots of different vegetables. So test, listen to your body and be creative – find vegetables that you like the most. Make your meals with the ones that appeal delicious at the time. And if vegetables taste boring for you, please feel free to flavor them with herbs and spices. (P.S. Herbs and spices are extremely beneficial for your brain activity, your metabolism and therefore your focus and weight loss.)
BROCCOLI, KALE – these two are truly magic weapons. They are high in vitamins and minerals that are VITAL!
All the vegetables below are HIGH IN FIBER, contain natural protein, and are low in calories. Additionally, they contain high amount of vitamins, and minerals that you can’t find from any processed food!
- Onions and Garlic
- Brussels Sprouts
The reason I say berries not fruits is that berries have low glycemic index, which means that they don’t raise your blood sugar as much as a pice of fruit would. Eating berries rather that fruits will make you more satisfied and stable. Which will result in you making better choices, especially about food. To make it clear, after a few hours you don’t feel as hungry and as you would when eating a fruit.
- LEMON – gives metabolism a nice kick to get it moving!!! 🙂
BTW blueberry muffin DOES NOT HELP WITH LOSING WEIGHT – don’t lie to yourself, if you want and feel like you deserve the cheat meal then get it. Choose what you want and ENJOY it, but don’t lie, it’ll only lower your self-esteem and keep you from achieving your goal!
3. Protein and Fat
This is really the second magic weapon in weight loss. First weapon is eating lots of vegetables, second is eating foods that are high protein and natural/ healthy quality fat. And just to remind, fat does not make you fat! Sugar makes you fat, because it is quickly converted into fat cells. Fat then again helps to keep your blood sugar low and this means you store less fat and you can burn calories more easily. Additionally, when you eat fat with protein it keeps you satisfied for longer and this means you eat less. Also very important is that you can make more conscious decisions and choices about food.
- Eggs – eggs are very fulfilling and high in protein. They also contain practically everything we need to live rich 🙂 Studies have also shown that when eating eggs for breakfast, you consume fever calories throughout the day. And like a cherry on top of the cake, eggs are very low on calorie. One boiled egg contains under 100 kcal – fever than most “healthy protein” bars!!!
- Chicken, Beef, TURKEY – for meat eaters these lean meats are high quality source of protein and great and easily digestible. (Be careful! When you eat out, especially with chicken, keep in mind that all oils are not good and deep-fried foods lose much of its good value.
- Quinoa, Oats – For everyone, especially for vegetarians are these two a great source of quality protein with lots of good vitamins.
- Sardines, Tuna, Salmon – These all are high in healthy and good fat and also contain natural protein, which makes a meal satisfying.
OLIVE OIL – Olive oil contains large amounts of antioxidants, has strong anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Olive oil has shown to be by far the best oil we can consume.
Last advice on this section: leave out PORK and bacon because it slows down metabolism and its hard to digest. It may be hard at first but after a while you won’t even miss them! And believe me – the results are really worth the effort!
This is really easy and quick way to totally change your diet. Sugary drinks contain COUNTLESS CALORIES. And the main problem is: you can never be satisfied by just drinking a can of soda. You probably won’t even notice before the whole can is empty. Just leaving out such drinks as juices, fresh juices (although seem to be healthy, contain still lots of sugar), sodas, and really any sweet/ sugary drinks, will move you a big step towards your goal!!!
In my experience best drinks to lose weight are:
- COFFEE – black without sugar is best, some milk (normal, almond, soy) is OK
- GREEN TEA – it speeds up metabolism and really burns fat
- WATER – is EXTREMELY HEALTHFUL! It purifies organism. Water cleans organism even from fat :). Water truly makes you LOSE WEIGHT. Plus you can’t over drink water.
To Sum Up
I have been there, and I have tested foods and technics I wrote above! Believe me, I know its not easy, but it’s POSSIBLE! And if you truly desire to lose weight that’s all you need!
Just try it out for a week and let me know down below, how you feel!
See you soon,